Why do I have to read foreign papers to find articles arout these disturbing facts? “A shocking 37 million Americans live in poverty. That is 12.7 per cent of the population – the highest percentage in the developed world.“
And these aren’t unemployed or homeless folks. Most have jobs.
Some more facts from the same article:
· There are 37 million Americans living below the poverty line. That figure has increased by five million since President George W. Bush came to power.
· The United States has 269 billionaires, the highest number in the world.
· Almost a quarter of all black Americans live below the poverty line; 22 per cent of Hispanics fall below it. But for whites the figure is just 8.6 per cent.
· There are 46 million Americans without health insurance.
· There are 82,000 homeless people in Los Angeles alone.
· In 2004 the poorest community in America was Pine Ridge Indian reservation. Unemployment is over 80 per cent, 69 per cent of people live in poverty and male life expectancy is 57 years. In the Western hemisphere only Haiti has a lower number.
· The richest town in America is Rancho Santa Fe in California. Average incomes are more than $100,000 a year; the average house price is $1.7m.
This all makes about as much sense as those in power showing utter disdain for a democratically elected head of state in Venezuela and being buddy buddy Saudi Arabia a totally nondemocratic nation controlled by a single family through a King.
Something is terribly wrong with the entire country if we don’t call the criminals in power on their bogus illegal and immoral governance. These freaking emperors not only are wearing no clothes they are engaged in masturbation and no one is saying a word.
It makes me ashamed to be an American if this is what the U.S. has become.