I try to be non-political on this site, but it is very difficult for me to exclude things from my writing if a topic jars me so that I really take note. I have been wrestling with this for quite some time. Recent events have made me change my belief about what is appropriate to share on and to solicit for this publication. I personally feel that all the efforts and achievements by women in the last century are in jeopardy for women in the United States, and to some degree for all women. If we remain aware, educate ourselves, and share our knowledge, wisdom, and understanding we can mitigate some of the repressive and destructive forces at work in the world.
Some Personal & Overarching Frameworks
- As writer and publisher in working toward a peaceful and cooperative world
- As a human/woman I have known violence and discrimination – I am experienced
- I believe that energy put into a system, even or especially negative input, gives that system strength – don’t do “anti-“
- Thoughtful, constructive action always charts a better course than reacting
- Women are the future of the world and must lead
- We must work from shared concerns, not issues that divide us
- we must not be doormats, or appease that which seeks to harm us
Some Changes to Women’s Legacy Project
Some website structural changes will come as a surprise to anyone who has known me for long. I love change and trying new tech, platforms and communication channels. I have loved working with the Rainmaker Platform since the inception of the Women’s Legacy Project. But my client base has changed and I have decided to put all the websites I manage on WP Engine. I will be migrating the remainder of my content in the month of July. Expect hiccoughs, I always do.
I will be reorganizing content and reclassifying some articles and posts. If you cannot find something that you thought was on this site, please use search!