What Nancy has been and will be up to during the Fall of 2018.
The Women’s Legacy Project is getting a new look! We are shifting our hosting platform from Rainmaker to WPengine. With that change we will also change our look and the theme (look of the site not the topic of our site). WPengine actually purchased Studio Press the home of the Genesis Framework that I recommend to all my clients.
That is right, I have clients, or Hill Research Service, LLC, my business does. The way to explain this is that the Women’s Legacy Project is project of division of Hill Research Services.
The new logo design emphasizes the relationship between these entities as you can see below.
But never let it be said that I ever fail to needlessly complicate my own life. “That was a joke, son,” as Foghorn Leghorn always said.
I do tend to take on more than I probably should at any given point in time. Always have and always will. It is just how I have always operated. I love a bubbling, nearly over-filled pot. It makes me feel secure to know that I have a full kettle, richly scenting my life as it simmers from which I may draw at any time.
So what I currently have undertaken is:
- Moving all my sites to WPengine.com from Rainmaker, WordPress.com
- Transferring all my domain names to a single registry
- Moving back to Mac for all my daily tasks (Bye Windows, it was fun. Actually it wasn’t fun, but I did learn a bunch about what other folks have to put up with.
- Creating subdomains connected to WLP where appropriate
- Finishing some ebooks with the tentative/working titles of
- Before you Blog
- Writing Women’s History for the First Time
- My Time with CodePinK
- A Glossary of Terms for Bloggers and Online Creators
- Six Weeks to Creating & Understanding Your Website: a Workbook for Clients
- Reinstalling and using Scrivener for my official book and memoir creation platform.
- For those of you who do not know, I’m working on a memoir about growing up as the focus of of a mother with a factitious disorder (aka Munchhausen by Proxy)
- Taking a break from the Ketogenic Diet and maintaining where I am until I can dedicate myself to health again.
- Continuing to organize Tucson Women Bloggers.
- Reclassify all post categories into a new schema before the posts go live on this new and improved site.
- Restart Reason Creek and Hill Research Services Blog.
- Weave in product recommendations. gift, and product recommendation guides where appropriate.
- Basically this rearrangement brings the Publisher’s measured political commentary, tech reviews, and personal reflections back into her writing by incorporating them into this publication.